Serving Clients In Dayton, Cincinnati And Throughout Central And Southern Ohio
"A society's quality and durability can best be measured by the respect and care given to its elder citizens." Arnold Toynbee
At the law firm of Craig T. Matthews & Associates, LPA, we protect those who can't protect themselves. We are one of the few litigation firms in the Dayton, Cincinnati area that places a primary focus on elder financial abuse. Our founding attorney, Craig Matthews, has been helping seniors and vulnerable adults recover millions of dollars in financial damages since 1978. He is recognized as one of the region's most powerful legal advocates on behalf of senior citizens victimized by financial elder abuse and consumer fraud.
Mr. Matthews has earned Martindale-Hubbell's highest AV Preeminent* peer review rating for ethical standards and legal ability. He has many years of litigation experience in the area of financial forensics and has been featured in newspaper articles and television news reports about financial elder abuse. His national recognition includes consulting with the FBI on a case involving financial fraud by a bank manager. Learn more at our Verdicts and Settlements page.
From offices in Dayton and Cincinnati, our lawyers litigate on behalf of the elderly and vulnerable adults in communities throughout western, central and southern Ohio, including West Chester, Lebanon, and Springboro. Call us or contact us by email to arrange an initial consultation with one of our experienced Dayton elder fraud lawyers today.
We focus our practice primarily in the following areas of litigation:
- Financial elder abuse: Including financial exploitation and unauthorized access to an elderly person's financial accounts or property assets, often by trusted family members.
- Elder law litigation: We also protect the rights of senior citizens who have fallen victim to fraudulent home repair schemes, inappropriate insurance policies and other types of fraudulent consumer services that often target the elderly and vulnerable. We also protect the rights of senior citizens facing neglect or abuse in a residential nursing home or home health care environment.
- Will Contents litigation: We litigate disputes when assets do not pass to rightful heirs and beneficiaries because of incompetence or undue influence at the time the last will and testament was signed.
- Guardianship litigation: We pursue applications for the appointment of a guardian if an elderly person is being taken advantage of but lacks insight or judgment and cannot protect themselves. And we defend elderly persons who must fight for their independence after a family member or other files an application to declare them incompetent for their own financial gain.
- Blended Families: The death of a spouse is commonly followed with a second marriage by the widow or widower. The second marriage can result in additional children. This is the "blended family." Blended families can present unique estate planning goals.
Our elder law practice also includes guardianships, wills and trust, estate planning, and probate litigation.
Contact An Experienced Dayton and Cincinnati Financial Elder Abuse Lawyer At Our Firm
Call us at 937-434-9393 or use our convenient email contact form to arrange an initial consultation and evaluation of your case. Our office hours in Dayton are from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. For our Cincinnati office, please call to schedule an appointment.
We practice with integrity, including a reasonable retainer and attorneys' fees based on responsible billing policies. We accept credit cards for your convenience.
*AV Preeminent and BV Distinguished are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories: legal ability and general ethical standards.